Thursday, September 18, 2008

Very eventful Weekend!!

Gabel and I had a very busy weekend. It started off very well but had a rocky ending. We had a great probably last night out for awhile...we went to dinner and then to Pittsburgh. Gabel and I went and saw Wicked (the Broadway musical) Friday night at the Benedum Theater in Pittsburgh. We had seen it once before but this time we could had great seats!!! It was absolutely fantastic. And I was a little surprised that Gabel enjoyed it too. :) If you have never seen this play I highly recommend it!! Saturday morning was great too. My family threw a Baby Shower for me. We had it at the church. Liz decorated the gym and it looked beautiful. We had a lot of people show up and we got a ton of presents. This little girl is going to be the best dressed little girl around! Well that has pretty much ended the good news for the weekend. Now on to the more eventful news. I woke up Saturday, went to the bathroom and found a nice bloody mess...this is definitely not good!! Gabel wasn't home at the time...he was at a baseball game with a guy from church. I called the doctor he told me to get to Magee ASAP. I called my mom, she came to pick me up, and we headed to Pittsburgh. I was absolutely scared out of my mine. We met Gabel and his parents at the ER entrance...went in and got checked out. I was slightly dilated at this point but they didn't want to deliver just yet. We got an ultrasound....baby looked great. We spent that night in the ER...I slept on a very uncomfortable stretcher and Gabel slept on the floor...yes the hard cement floor...what a trooper!! Well they sent us to a regular bed around 8am Sunday morning...and there we stayed until Tuesday around 12noon. Their diagnosis at this point is they think the placenta slightly separated which can be caused by trauma to the stomach or even a contraction. There is no way to prevent it from happening again. I went to my regular doctor yesterday and we are progressing a little more...so it looks like this little one is going to be earlier than we expected!!! I guess she wants to start wearing all her new clothes. Thanks to everyone for their prayers....most appreciated!!

No comments: