As most of you know we had a beautiful little girl last Monday. I will briefly describe our process of her arrival. Last Sunday around 2:30pm I started having a few contractions that were pretty strong but irregular. Gabel was getting ready for work, he had to work from 3:30--12am...but he was all about getting a phone call saying I was going into labor. Well the contractions never stopped and around 4:30pm I called my mother and then called the doctor and we were heading to Magee. I was feeling kinda stupid at this point because I was just there Friday afternoon for a false alarm...this time I was hoping for the real deal. We got there and were seen and I was happy to hear that they were going to keep me...Hallelujah. We stayed in triage for a little while then went to our labor and delivery room. The room was awesome...nice bed(a little uncomfortable), a TV, glider, and a couch...it was great!! Well at this point the contractions haven't stopped coming about every 3 minutes...rather intense at times. The downfall to this all was when one of the residents came in and said that she didn't feel comfortable delivering the baby at only 36wks...they didn't want to induce labor at all...they wanted to see me progress on my own. I could understand that but it was such a disappointment to think that yet again I may go home without a baby. Well around 11pm that night doctor came in I was still the same...he gave me some morphine to see if that would help to relax me and cause me to dilate more. The contractions didn't stop and frankly got worse and I was ready for an epidural....so the doctor came in and checked me I was still the same but they felt at this point that they could break my water....Hallelujah!! They broke my water and 1.5 hours later our bundle of joy arrived!!! Mackenzie Grace Child was born Sept 22 at 10:38am weighing in at 6 lbs 11oz, 20.5 inches long!!! She has alot of hair and is absolutely beautiful!!! We are very blessed to have her in our family!!!
Mackenzie Grace Child
The Tolliver clan!
beautiful!
Grandpa Child
Grandma Child
Grandpa Tolliver
Mom, Lou and Mackenzie
Proud dad!!
Our first Sunday!!
5 comments:
I am glad to see pictures! I have been checking every day since Tuesday! She is absolutley beautiful. I am so happyo she is healthy. You look great, I think I may call you soon, when the boy is down to get the update. Anyway, glad all is well CONGRATS!
yey christine! i'm so happy for you! she's PRECIOUS :)
She is beautiful! It is killing us that we can't be there tosee her in person! We are so happy for you.
Dear Gabel and Christine,
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter Mackenzie! We already received the news from Liz, but we were not able to drop a note earlier because of some PC-problems.
Anyway, enjoy being a family!
Your cousin Harold, Nanny, Mathilde and Hildegard from the Netherlands.
Wow, she was a really good size for being four weeks early! Be thankful for that! Andrew weighed 10 lbs!
Post a Comment