Wednesday, October 14, 2009

An eventful last 2 weeks!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile. These past 2 wks have been rather eventful. Thursday Oct 1st we woke up to a phone call from Gabel's sister Marijke saying Gabel's dad has been in a serious car accident. We immediately rush to the hospital to find them rushing him to emergency surgery to stop some internal bleeding. Several hours later and 2 organs removed he was returned to us. He had to have several more surgeries to stop his bleeding and repair his pelvis but slowly but surely he seems to be recovering!


So needless to say our days have been busy spent with going to the hospital, working and Mackenzie!


On a good note our little Mackenzie is almost walking by herself. She has taken a few steps but just doesn't want to let go just yet. She is trying to talk too! Gabel is teaching her to say Hi daddy...she does a pretty good job with that. She can also say baby. She is growing up so fast I just can't believe it!!

Thanks for everyones prayers and for watching Mackenzie! We appreciate it!!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Christine I had no idea I saw that you called, I bet you wanted to talk. I AM SO SORRY! I am glad he is doing well. I will try to call soon, Ethan is sick and very clingy... but I will call ya. You're little girl is adoreable!

Baker #4 said...

I am really sorry to hear about Brad. My prayers are with you. I am planning on being there Friday at the funeral in Utah. XOXO Becky Baker