It was definitely an eventful morning here at the Child house.
Gabel and I were outside watering the garden, were heading back into the basement(garage) when I saw a snake in the doorway making its way inside. I started screaming and running.
Gabel was behind me. We regrouped...i ran to get a shovel and
Gabel went into the basement to deal with the slithering beast. I also had to run into the basement and shut our basement door so he couldn't get in the house.
Gabel was able to get the snake out of the garage and was ready to beat it when it slithered into our french drain.
Gabel came into the house getting ready for work...meanwhile I can't even breathe and can't believe I am going to be home by myself with a snake on the loose.
Gabel left for work well at least that is what I thought. I saw him coming back toward the house...grabbed the shovel and said "Guess who I found". The snake was back but now in the front yard (i pray it was the same snake).
Gabel took a good whack at it and got its head cut really good. But man snakes do not want to die!! My knight and shining armor came to my rescue!! He saved his damsels in distress!!! It took a good 1/2 hour for that snake to die!!

My Hero!!!

Disgusting!!


He is so long!!
2 comments:
Holy snake. Thats gotta be an awful feeling that a huge sucker like that was lurking around. Oh Christine. I miss you! End of July cannot come fast enough. Remind me again the dates adn we will try to plan something ok? Hope life is good.
WOW! That is a huge snake and I would definitely freak out if that thing was trying to come into my house! I'm glad your hubby came through for ya :) What would we do without our men to kill snakes, spiders, etc!
Post a Comment